Wood planers are mostly used to create a uniform thickness for all wooden boards when required. Therefore, this product can save a huge amount of time and resources while cutting wooden boards.
The DeWalt DW734 Benchtop Planer is extremely popular due to its exceptional features. It is a high-quality wood planer and is a favorite for many professionals. This excellent piece of machinery is built with multiple knives and a powerful motor.
In addition to the impressive disposable knives and cost-effective nature, this model is exceptionally convenient to use. Due to this, the product is very popular among professionals and hobbyists alike.
Features of the DeWalt DW734 Benchtop Planer
The wood planer is equipped with a formidable motor power of 15 Amp, which can effectively deal with many types of tough hardwood. It has a three-knife cutter-head, which can move at 10,000 Revolutions Per Minute (RPM), and this allows a smooth finish and deep cuts.
The DeWalt DW734 has disposable knives that are extremely sharp and do not require re-sharpening. These are also reversible and capable of cutting over 12 inches in length and 6 inches in thickness. The machine contains a set of pins on the cutter-head, which allows the refastening of the knife clamp with ease.
The precision and accuracy provided by the DeWalt DW734 are unlike any other wood planer. The extra-large thickness scale of the planer and the material-removal gauge ensures accuracy and precision with every pass.
The extra-long infeed and outfeed tables provided by the product support an additional 33 inches of material. This eliminates the necessity of buying another product to carry out the same function. This ensures that the product is cost-effective and better than its competitors.
This marvelous wood planer prioritizes the safety of the user as it is built with proper safety measures. The switch on the machine is strategically placed at the front, so it is easily accessible. The switch has the provision of being keyed to avoid accidents.
The DeWalt DW734 is equipped with a dust hood that can be easily attached to a shop vacuum. This feature allows easy collection of dust and debris while working.
Accurate depth adjustment
The wood planer is provided with a turret depth stop, which is time-efficient while setting the planer at depths that are used most often. The DeWalt DW734 offers a depth capacity of 6 inches and has a maximum cut depth of 1/8 inch.
Although it has a 3-year warranty, the DeWalt DW734 has an excellent quality, which allows it to withstand pressure for a prolonged amount of time. It can also cut more material in a limited period without any difficulty and is therefore efficient.
The wood planer possesses a four-column carriage lock. This feature helps to reduce movement of the machine while in use. As a result, it minimizes the chances of movement that could potentially cause snipe.
Pros and Cons of DeWalt DW734 Benchtop Planer
- Cuts smoothly and accurately.
- Three knives that are disposable and reversible and are easy to change quickly.
- Extra-long infeed and outfeed tables for extra material support.
- The powerful motor allows prolonged and accurate service of more material.
- Excellent width capacity that enables easy cutting of thick hardwood.
- Quality does not reduce with time, which improves efficiency.
- 3-month warranty, which ensures repair or returns without any additional cost.
- Strategic safety measures to avoid injury.
- Long-lasting machine and knives that can last for about two years.
- It provides value for money as it is cheaper than other models.
- Minimizes scatter of dust and debris with the dust hood.
- The motor is too noisy and requires proficient ear defenders while using.
- Not appropriate for heavy-duty workload in commercial spaces.
- The dust collection chute is fragile, which may cause a mess.
- Heavier than most wood planers and difficult to transport.
- Slightly expensive compared to other wood planers.
- Not suitable for bigger wood boards.
Although the DeWalt DW734 Benchtop Planer is one of the best products on the market, there are numerous models with similar features that you could consider.
- The Delta Power Tools 22-555 Portable Thickness Planer
- POWERTEC PL1252 15 Amp 2-Blade Benchtop Thickness Planer For Woodworking
- WEN JT6561 10-Amp 6-Inch Corded Benchtop Jointer with Cast Iron Base
- The Makita 2012NB 12-Inch Planer
DeWalt is one of the most popular brands for planers. Their products can be handy for both beginners and professionals. The advanced quality of knives and an array of helpful features ensure smooth cutting with the necessary safety precautions.
The DeWalt DW734 offers numerous features within a decent budget, allowing the purchase of value for money products. The wood planer works best for home projects for hobbyists, however, it can tolerate a great amount of pressure.
The three knives and powerful motor encourage precision and time-efficient work. The additional features such as extra-long infeed and outfeed table, material removal gauge, and four-column allow a smooth experience.