Choosing the appropriate thickness planer is crucial for both experienced and beginner woodworkers. Thus, they can rely on brands like DeWalt that have already been in the field for several decades. The company is well-known in the industry for manufacturing muscular, outdoor tools.
This firm’s star product DeWalt DW735X is one of the most efficient thickness planers. DeWalt DW 735X is made from cutting edge technology to ensure its high-quality performance and long term use in the future. Here are some features of this product that may pique the interests of the consumer.
Features of DeWalt DW735X
The device is fitted with a powerful 20,000 RMP motor. It is 15 AMP and delivers the cutting speed of 10,000 RMP alone. The maximum cut depth reaches up to 1/8 inches, while the depth capacity of the product is a maximum of 6 inches. In addition to the other measurements, the width of the cutting deck is limited to 6 inches.
Furthermore, the cutter head is also fitted with three knives, which ensures faster and promising outcomes. The consumer can rely on DeWalt’s integrity to produce and distribute appliances that withstand long-lasting use. Besides, the durable materials used in the making of this product make it immune to quick wear down.
The equipment is also inclusive of outfeed and infeed tables along with an additional pack of sharp knives. The customer can conveniently use the machine for wider materials as the machine will deliver broader cuts for the same. To make the process less messy and cleaning hassle-free, DeWalt DW735X comes with two main components.
First is a specifically designed adapter called dust hose to trap in the dust. Second is another component that complements the function of the dust hose, its chute through which dust is ejected. The list of features does not end here. Read below for more information about the features of DeWalt DW735X.
Feed speed settings
The speed of each feed cannot be the same. The speed requirement may change from material to material or according to the wishes of the user. Thus, the machine is accommodated with a gearbox of 2-speed settings that presents the user with two choices. The speed settings are either 179 or 96 CPI. These feed speed alternatives enhance the cuts per inch.
Changing the settings to get the specific thickness as the last projects can be a tough task. The user may not remember which settings are used or may not the precision correct. In such a case, the equipment is designed to have a massive turret depth, which ultimately aids the user to retreat to the highest repeatedly used thickness.
The heavy-duty machines come with a warranty period lasting up to 3 years.
Pros and Cons Of DeWalt DW735X
- Vigorous motor with 20,000 RPM.
- Inclusive of adapter and chute, this collects and ejects dust.
- Heavy-duty machine making it idealistic for professional use.
- Excellent customer service on the user’s beck and call to assist with any machine-related queries.
- Impressive three-year warranty period.
- Long cord to charge the planer and minimum voltage required to charge it is about 120 volts.
- It also comes with a set of supplementary knives.
- An automated carriage lock is constructed in the machine that reduces the snipe movement without any manual assistance.
- The sharp knives and the huge thickness plate delivers clean, accurate cuts each time.
- The machine weighs around 92 pounds, which makes it difficult to shift from one place to another.
- The price is very high.
- It also carries extra expenditure for its maintenance, which can put a financial strain on a person.
- The replacement knives wear off easily, this they need to be frequently changed.
Choosing a substitute for any product can be a complicated chore. It’s sort of the user’s second plan if in case the first plan doesn’t work out. Therefore, below are some of the substitute choices of the DeWalt DW 735X
- Metabo HPT Handheld Planer
- TACKLIFE Electric Hand Planer
- DeWalt DCP580B 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Brushless Planer
- Delta Power Tools 22-555 Portable Thickness Planer
Our Final Verdict
The brand’s reputation is solely built on the performances of their products and their commendable customer service. Although the product DeWalt DW 735X has a bit hefty price, its optimal performance makes each cent spent worth it.
The three-year warranty period assures the customer of this long term use.
The overall structure of this machine is sturdy and robust; thus, it can withstand rough use. In conclusion, the top-notch quality product is user-friendly, and also it is an appropriate choice for both beginners and professionals alike.