In this review, we’re going to be taking a look at the Karcher electric pressure washer. If you’ve been looking for something that has more power than the K2 models but isn’t as complicated and as costly as the higher level K7 models, the K5 Premium model might just be the perfect one for you!
Keep reading to see a general overview of our feelings about the K5 Premium (how we thought it handled, what kind of benefits there are, the overall performance etc), take a look at a few of the highlight features, an insight into the pros and cons, and our final conclusion.
Overview of the Karcher Electric Pressure Washer
The full name of this electric pressure washer is the Karcher K5 Premium Full Control Plus Home pressure washer. Karcher produces a wide variety of pressure washer products, and have done for quite some time, so you know that what they produce is high quality.
The K5 Premium comes with everything you’d expect for a pressure washer that can clean patios to windows and cars to bikes. This is a highly versatile pressure washer and it’s extremely easy to use.
The ‘Full Control Plus Trigger Gun’ enables you to control the water pressure with just the simple push of a button. It also comes with a really useful 3-in-1 multi-jet spray lance. The T350 Patio Cleaner and ready-to-use detergent that are included make cleaning any surface a walk in the park.
In terms of size, the K5 Premium is a fairly large machine and it’s certainly not the lightest on the market. However, the sturdy wheels and a handy height adjustable handle ensure that manoeuvrability is as easy as it can possibly be.
In tests that we undertook (and from reading customer reviews online), we determined that it’s best to use the surface cleaner for the bulk of the grime if you’re planning on using this product on patios. After that, simply use the 3-in-1 nozzle for the more stubborn spots and areas like grouting. Following these directions will ensure that your patio is sparkling clean in no time at all.
Cleaning up cars and windows is an effortless experience. Mud and stains come off easily and the pressure washer does the majority of the work for you. Of course, a quick wipe afterwards to dry it off and give it an extra shine always helps.
Let’s explore the specific features of the Karcher K5 Premium in this next section. We’ll list some of the specifications and stats about the pressure washer and take a look at its unique and standout features.
Features of the Karcher Electric Pressure Washer
Here’s a quick list of some of the more interesting features that you’ll find if you decide to purchase the Karcher K5 Premium.
- The ‘Full Control Plus Trigger Gun’ allows you to control the pressure and detergent flow of the pressure washer – making it capable of handling a wide range of surfaces that need to cleaned.
- The 3-in-1 lance ensures that you can clean up fast and efficiently. The lance includes vario, dirt blaster, and detergent settings (all in one). When switching between different surfaces, you never have to change your lance!
- Includes a number of accessories, such as the T350 and a handy 1L stone & façade detergent.
- Useful onboard storage: included. The eight-metre hose can be wound in onto the integrated hose reel and a telescopic handle makes storing it easy.
- Has a maximum water pressure (bar/MPa) of 20 – max. 145 / 2 – max. 14.5 and a flow rate (l/h) of 500 (max).
As you can see, there’s a lot to love when it comes to the Karcher K5 Premium. It’s a handy pressure washer that has a vast amount of useful and unique features. Let’s take a look at what other customers thought of it in the next section, where we examine the various pros and cons.
Pros & Cons of the Karcher Electric Pressure Washer
We’re going to list a few of our compliments and complaints about the Karcher K5 Premium in this section. We’ve also taken a look at customer reviews online to see what the most common pros and cons are.
- It’s extremely easy to control and maintain pressure using the digital display and buttons on the handle of the washer
- The surface cleaner is excellent when you need to clean larger areas and want to get the job done properly
- The sturdy wheels and adjustable, telescopic handle make it easy to manoeuvre and help to negate the overall weight of the product
- It comes with a detergent that’s easy to use and really helps when you have stubborn surfaces you want to clean
- The hose is a good length and really comes in handy when you’re tackling a big project or have a lot of areas to cover
- It can be a bit fiddly to assemble, although most pressure washers are
- It’s fairly bulky and heavy, so make sure you have room to store it and can handle the weight of the machine
Even just a quick glance at the two lists above will give you an idea about what to expect with this pressure washer. There are a few cons to the Karcher K5 Premium, but we think the pros definitely outweigh them. Let’s conclude this review with our final thoughts about the product.
Alternatives to the Karcher Electric Pressure Washer
- Ivation Pressure Washer – Latest Amazon Price
- Greenworks Electric Pressure Washer – Latest Amazon Price
- Sun Joe Electric Pressure Washer – Latest Amazon Price
- Briggs and Stratton Pressure Washer – Latest Amazon Price
We loved the fact that this pressure washer came with everything you’d need to clean your patio, garden furniture, car, and more – as standard. The variable pressure controls on the handle worked well, were easy to use, and proved to be helpful when facing tough stains
It does come at a bit of a premium price point (hence the name) and it is on the larger size, but overall, we’d say that it’s worth investing in if you’re looking for something that’s versatile, durable, and extremely easy to use.
We’d definitely recommend checking out the Karcher electric pressure washer if you want to spend your money on a high-quality product that won’t break or fail after a few uses. This thing is built to last and it performs excellently for the price. Don’t hesitate to check it out if you need something a little more powerful than the average pressure washer.