In this review, we’re going to be taking a look at the Sun Joe SPX3000 electric pressure washer. We’re going to take a look at a general overview of the SPX3000 and see what kind of performance you can expect to see after purchase. Then, we’re going to dive into all the features you’ll find, the pros and cons you’ll come up against, and our final conclusion.
If you’re on the hunt for a new electric pressure washer and you’re wondering if the Sun Joe SPX3000 is the right model for you, keep on reading. We’re going to tell you everything you need about this model. Let’s get started!
Overview of the Sun Joe SPX3000
As one of the most popular pressure washers available on Amazon, the Sun Joe SPX3000 certainly has high expectations right off the bat. We’re happy to say that it’s a solid product and packs quite the punch – this is actually one of the more powerful pressure washers you can find online, with 2,030 PSI maximum pressure.
The washer turns on at the touch of a button and is incredibly simple to use, with no complicated procedures. It operates smoothly and quietly – we were actually quite shocked with how low-volume it is, considering the huge amount of pressure that it produces. With some of the competitors being extremely noisy, this was certainly a standout feature for the Sun Joe SPX3000.
This pressure washer also comes with several features that make it suitable to clean surfaces such as driveways and backyards, and even the more difficult areas like rooftops and gutters. This is super handy for those that are looking for a pressure washer which they can use for lots of jobs around the house or workplace. It’s incredibly versatile and has a wide range of nozzles and settings.
Using the supplied trigger gun and spray wand holder, the Sun Joe SPX3000 can clean up near enough any dirt or stain. If you’re having trouble with a particularly stubborn area, unique detergent tanks (with a detergent selection dial) allows you to choose the right detergent for the job.
Built using tough plastic components, the Sun Joe SPX3000 is exceptionally sturdy and durable. Care needs to be taken while attaching the metal pipe to the plastic fitting, however, as cross-threading can result in the plastic portion becoming damaged if you’re not gentle with it. The other parts, though – like hoses and fittings – are made of very tough plastic and seem like they’ll last quite a long time. The supplied nozzles work perfectly and we found them to be easy to change and perfect for all manner of jobs.
Let’s take a look at the specific features of the Sun Joe SPX3000 that really stood out to us, in this next section. Here. you’ll find more of the specifications and stats about power, wattage, and length of cords and hoses etc.
So that you can get a better idea of what to expect with the SPX3000, we thought we’d give you a quick rundown of the features in an easy-to-read list. Here are the most unique and attractive features:
- A 14.5 Amp 1,800-watt motor cleans even the most stubborn and tough dirt.
- The handy trigger gun/spray wand holder helps to focus the pressured jets of water.
- A unique detergent selection dial lets you use additional cleaning agents.
- The 35-foot power cord is handy for cleaning large areas.
- It only weighs 31-lbs and is easily manoeuvrable.
- The extension spray wand is 34-inches long and can reach higher areas easily.
- A 20-foot pressure hose (with garden hose adaptor) makes outdoor work easy.
As you can see, the list of features is long and the Sun Joe SPX3000 certainly offers up a lot more than other vanilla pressure washers.
Pros & Cons
Like any product, there are pros and cons to the Sun Joe SPX3000. In this section, we’ll take a look at some of the most common compliments and complaints we found in customer reviews online (along with a few of our own thoughts).
- Incredibly lightweight and comes with extra large wheels that can be manoeuvred over rough terrain.
- The unique detergent selection dial helps take care of dirt effortlessly as you can use a number of products depending on the toughness of the job.
- At 2,030 PSI, the Sun Joe SPX3000 has one of the highest maximum pressures you’re likely to see in a pressure washer at this price.
- Reaching just 81 dB, the SPX3000 is one of the quietest electric pressure washers, meaning you can use it at all times of the day.
- The nozzle only cleans a small strip of the area at any given time – it’s quite a narrow strip (around 4 to 5 inches in width).
- Assembly can be quite fiddly and might take around 30 minutes or longer. This can be a bit annoying when you just want to get your cleaning done.
As you can see, there are a few cons, but the long list of pros and unique features really make up for the assembly time and the small cleaning area of the nozzle. Let’s take a look at the final conclusion in our last section.
During our time with the Sun Joe SPX3000, we found it to be a powerful workhouse with plenty of reasons to love it. The pros certainly outweigh any cons (such as the assembly time). It took care of all kinds of dirt effortlessly and handled like a dream. We think that you’ll feel exactly the same about it.
In terms of cost, we found it online for as low as $130, although it is listed at around the $190 mark with a few suppliers. If you take a look around online, you’re sure to find a decent deal. We think the price is quite reasonable, especially considering how high-quality the Sun Joe SPX3000 is.
Hopefully, you’ve got a better idea about whether or not this is the electric pressure washer for you after reading through our review. We’ve tried to be as open and honest as possible about our experience with this product as possible.